Responsibilities of Meet Directors
Regarding Assigned Officials
The following information should be sent to all judges assigned to State Meets, Fun Meets and Invitationals. This information should be sent via U.S. mail and email.
- Will not exceed $10.00 for Adults (18 yrs+) $7.00 for seniors (62 yrs +) and children (under 18 yrs).
- Date(s) of the meet.
- Indicate Sanctioned and Un-Sanctioned Fun Meets.
- Send meet information a minimum of ten (10) days prior to your meet. This should include meet schedule, reporting times, location of meet with map and directions, lodging with phone numbers and directions to the hotel.
- Meet directors contact information cell phone number and email.
- Dates hotel rooms will be provided for the judges.
- When and where the meals will be provided.
- Meet information indicating levels of gymnasts, mixed groups, numbers, etc.
- Information should be sent to the judges as soon as possible i.e.: when meet information is sent to the gyms.
- Judges should report 30 minutes prior to march in for local and invitational competitions unless otherwise specified by the Meet Referee.
- Reporting time for those competitions requiring video analysis may be up to 1 hour prior to march in.
- The Meet Referee will specify reporting time.
- Fees are based upon the contracted march-in time
- Problems have occurred due to lack of communication with the judges. We would appreciate your consideration of this request.
Minimum requirements at Michigan Competitions (Sanctioned and Un-Sanctioned Meets)
- A meal which includes fruit (ex., fruit salad) - a good continental breakfast
- A hot or semi hot meal (ex., quiche)
- If you choose not to serve breakfast - a $10.00 charge will be assessed for over-night meets.
Lunch & Dinner
- Lunch and dinner should be a healthy ample meal.
- Fast food is not recommended for a Judges meal.
- It is suggested that lunch and dinner plans and food selection should be communicated with the meet referee prior to the competition.
Debbie Campbell, State Judging Director
Linda Morton and Alice Porter, Assigners
Welcome to the 2014-2015 competitive season. Once again we are asking for your assistance to make our job of assigning officials more manageable and your job as meet director easier.
Please follow these guidelines in requesting judges:
- Meet requests should be submitted as soon as possible.
- YOUR MEET REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE. Please go to the Michigan Gymnastics website (www.michigangymnastics.com). Select “Meets” from the toolbar. Select “Judges Request Form”. Complete all questions and add any special comments on the bottom if appropriate. Click on SUBMIT. A copy of this form will then go to Linda Morton and one will come back to you. Requests will be handled on a “first come, first serve basis.”
- All meets will be assigned by the NAWGJ Assigner for a fee of $3.00 per judge. Requests made less than 30 days prior to competition date will be assessed $5.00 per judge fee. If the meet is cancelled, this fee will still be assessed.
- Judges for combined meets (various levels) will be assigned based upon the highest rating needed.
- You will be contacted by the Assigner who will be assigning your meet. Please get times, maps and any other pertinent information to the Assigner. As soon as possible after the entry deadline please get a tentative schedule to your assigner if this is a large meet. The Assigner will send out an initial information sheet to all assigned judges and the meet director (or their designated individual). It will be important to have the exact address of the meet site and hotel so that judges may use it for their GPS Systems. This sheet will also have the event assignments and rooming assignments if necessary once they are complete. Five days prior to the meet a FINAL MEET INFORMATION SHEET will go out to all judges and designated meet director personnel. All contacts with the judges should be handled through the Assigner. We have asked the judges to work through their Assigners and not to contact meet directors directly.
- A minimum of 14 days notice is required for amendments or cancellation of officials. If cancellation of officials occurs less than 14 days prior to the meet and the officials are not re-assigned to another competition, the Meet Director is responsible for payment of 2 hours honorarium per judge and any non-refundable expenses incurred.
- When a scheduled two-day meet drops to one-day meet, the contract has been altered and is no longer in effect. It is the meet director’s responsibility to contact the Assigner.
- Please do not change the level of the meet less than 10 (ten) days prior to the meet. Contact your Assigner to work together with the change. We cannot guarantee to meet your requests for judges under these circumstances but will do our best to work with meet directors in these situations.
- The designated Meet Referee will have pay sheets and will prepare the sheets for you. The Meet Director keeps the top (white) copy of the pay sheet and mails the other two copies to Linda Morton the day following the meet. A self-addressed stamped envelope will be provided for this purpose. The assigning fee should be returned in this envelope as well following the meet.
Thank you for your assistance and support. Good luck with the 2014-2015 season.